Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bon mots

Sometimes it is just the things they say.

Tonight on the way to dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant, Lana said, "Mihiretu, do you remember Africa?"

Mihiretu said, "Yup."

"Where everyone was brown?" Lana said and thought a moment. "Except us?"


One day, again in the car (why does all the funny stuff happen in the car?), Ben was looking at a real estate magazine (as Ben is wont to do) and he commented on a piece of property. It was somewhere over a million.

From the backseat we heard, Mae say, "That's a lot of money."

Lana replied, "Yep, sure is."

There was a brief pause and then Lana said, "I farted."


One day I was explaining to the kids why I wanted to do something (I can't remember what) one way instead of another. I said the other way would be a pain.

To which Mae said, helpfully, "In the ass."

No comments:

Post a Comment